Interested in Registering for SEEDs®?
Please read through the following information regarding the program, and feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.
About: SEEDs is an after-school program for young women (13-18 yrs). The class meets 3 days a week throughout the school year. Participants will receive instruction in American Tribal Style Dance® and will use journals and talking circles to discuss a range of issues including self-esteem, body-image, financial independence, and personal goals. In addition, there will be several performance opportunities throughout the year.
How: In order to register for SEEDs, you must fill out the registration packet found either online or in person at Pomegranate Studios and pay the materials fee. The link to pay the materials fee via PayPal is found below.
- Online: Please feel out all fields on registration form and pay the materials fee ($165). Please print out all additional forms and bring them with you on the first day of SEEDs
- Payment Letter: *Please initial that you have read the materials needed letter and understand that all SEEDs participants must pay materials fee regardless of Trade Scholarship Status (download Payment Letter here)
- Student Contact: Please Read and Sign (download Student Contract here)
- Parental Contract and Permission Form: Please Read and Sign (download Parental Contract and Permission Form here)
- Legal Waiver: Please Read and Sign (download Legal Waiver here)
- Intake Survey: Please print and bring with you on the first day (download Intake Survey here)
- Trade Scholarship Application: Please fill out and submit prior the the first day of SEEDs. (download Trade Scholarship Application here)
- Automatic Payment Form: Please print. If you would like to take part in our automatic payment option please fill out and submit prior to the first day of SEEDs. If you DO NOT wish to participate in the automatic payment option please print the form and indicate NO on the form. (download Automatic Payment Form here)
When: Class will meet regularly on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday afternoons from 5:00-7:00 PM. The program will run from September through the middle of May. There will be no classes during most school holidays, including Winter and Spring breaks.
Where: SEEDs will take place at Pomegranate Studios located at 535 Cerrillos Rd. at the corner of Paseo de Peralta above Sage Bakehouse. Park in the lot in the back and look for the glass door with our sign on it. We are upstairs to the right.
What to Wear: Wear dance attire or comfortable clothing (No jeans). There will be a lot of movement and stretching. Also, because this dance form focuses on the hips and abdomen, it is best to wear clothing that makes this area visible. However, bare midriffs are not required. No shoes.
What to Bring: Bring a pen and journal to every class. Bring your school calendar on the first day.
What you must purchase: Each girl is asked to purchase a few items which we will order for you at our wholesale discount: Student Zils $15, an instructional Rhythm CD $15, a hip scarf $35, pantaloons $60 (you choose your own color), and a black choli $40. In addition, you must also purchase a dance journal on your own.
Cost: Though the SEEDs program is run mostly on grants and donations, we do ask for students to make a monthly contribution to help us cover basic costs. We are requesting of each student a monthly payment of $200. *There are scholarships available. Please fill out the scholarship application and contact Pomegranate Studios to discuss your scholarship needs. Pomegranate SEEDs will NOT turn any dancer away because of financial need! Please contact us if you have questions!
We are looking forward to another year of SEEDs®, and excited to share our love of dance!